“A nation is anyone who has been significantly instrumental in the development of community he/she belongs”
WHO MAY JOIN :
- The contest is open to all both amateur and professional photographers who wish to compete. Anyone with digital or film cameras are welcome to join.
- This is open to all ages
- Individuals affiliated with Horsepower PH Group including employees and their immediate families (children, siblings and spouses) and others living in their households are NOT qualified to join the contest.
WHAT IS THE ONLINE PHOTO CONTEST THEME :
“Empowered Nation Builder”
Def : A nation is anyone who has been significantly instrumental in the development of a community he/she belongs.
- Stock photos are allowed but it should not have been published in any book or photography magazine or was used for any kind of marketing campaigns locally and in any international photo competition
- Participants may use any digital or film-based camera.
- Photos taken with a mobile phone camera will be disqualified.
- Creative effects done within the camera at the time of exposure e.g multiple exposures, flash fill, lighting, filtration, etc. are allowed.
- Digital retouching or density, contrast adjustments, minor cropping, burning, and dodging may be tolerated, although major manipulation of main images through adding or subtracting are not allowed.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
- Photos that has been qualified in the contest with a recognizable person (e.g. models, TV and print personalities) entrants must secure a release form or letter from the subject
- Maximum of two (2) photo entries per person
HOW TO JOIN :
The photo contest is open to all who wish to compete. Anyone with digital or film cameras are welcome to join. Just follow the following steps :
Step 1: Like HORSEPOWER’S FACEBOOK PAGE and download the waiver to be able to join (https://www.facebook.com/horsepower.ph/)
Step 2: Shoot. Shoot anywhere in the Philippines
Step 3: Submit. Email your entries at [email protected] with your Lastname, Firstname and Photo title. Submit a high resolution image of 300dpi at 8×10 inches. You will receive an email notification once your photo has been qualified. All photos must be in .jpg format.
Step 4 : Shortlist. After all the photos are submitted. There will be a selection for top 15 photos to be judged by some of the most respected photographers in the country.
Horsepower PH reserves the right to disqualify contestants who are unable to submit, upon request, a high-resolution photograph of at least 300 dpi at 8 x 10 inches in .jpg format with signed waiver form.
By entering the contest, entrants grant Horsepower PH a royalty-free and non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, and all other standard purposes. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The Horsepower PH will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
All entries must be received through Horsepower PH’s email on or before May 20, 2016 by 11:30pm Philippine Standard Time.
FINAL JUDGING :
Online Voting for Top 15 will be announced on May 24, 2016
End of online voting on June 5, 2016.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS : June 12, 2016
CRITERIA OF JUDGING
All qualified photos will be uploaded in the official Facebook page of Horsepower for public viewing. Here are the criteria for a winning photo ;
50% Subject Matter – What is the story on the photo
30% Composition – Over all visual impact
20% Technicality – Technique used
FINAL ROUND (TOP 15)
30% Originality – It should be your own work not copied from someone else
40% Theme Relevance – Content / Theme should be captured
30% Impact – Most no. of likes
Grand Prize Winner P10,000 Cash + Gift Items
1st Runner Up P5,000 Cash + Gift Items
2nd Runner Up P 3,000 Cash + Gift Items
Download Entry form and Waiver HERE
Comments are closed.